Re: [pct-l] Scissors Crossing Water

In a message dated 4/27/99 6:07:22 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
davstock@tiac.net writes:

<< If I remember correctly, in '94 the San Felipe Creek at Scissors Crossing
had plenty of water in it, albeit after a wet, cold storm.  I refilled from
the stream before the "bolt" to Warner Springs.

Is there water in the creek now?  If so, why the need to stash water there?
Is the flow fairly constant? >>

Actually, there is still plenty of water in San Felipe Creek. It's the water
"quality" that concerned hikers; way too many cows standing (and more)
upstream. It seems that what the hikers want (good water) and it was easy to
supply at that location. "Ask and ye shall receive."

Charlie Jones