Re: [pct-l] Mules in the Woods

On Mon, 26 Apr 1999 10:39:30 -0700 "Shawnee Cavnar-Brown"
<migraine@fishnet.net> writes:
>In defense of the mule...

    Lovely post, Shawnee! I _have_ hiked the PCT (and hike along/around
it often) and appreciated your good-sense and good-humor immensely.

     Speaking for myself, arguments about who or what Belongs In The
Wilderness are zzzz. It seems to me that if "it" behaves itself and
doesn't overtax resources, then "it" should be allowed to squeeze in a
bit of time in the great outdoors, no? I agree with you that manmade
trails, after all, are merely little bits of urbanization to keep us all
from wandering all over the place and wrecking the real wildland.

      Your mule sounds like somebody I'd enjoy sharing the trail with
<g>; I'm a non-native species myself. Not knowing her personally, of
course, I imagine that if she found herself stranded naked-without-gear
in the backcountry for an appreciable amount of time, she'd fend for
herself/feel "at home" alot more than any of us on the list would! My
$.02 naturally.....        bj

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]