[pct-l] My last bear story[today]

Hi- I have been meaning to share this for a while. Last summer I made
the **rookie mistake** of opening a bear box after sundown....You will
never guess who kind of hangs around the bear boxes in Yosemite. If you
said "the bears" go to the head of the class. I, on the other hand, had
not thought this one out and when I had the bear box open a pretty good
size black bear was less than ten feet away. He didn't get very
agressive...he must have been stuffed from his "counter-balanced"
meal[s]!
Tom in Saramento