[pct-l] Section Hike

Jarrid writes:

>Oh, and i have NO clue what sections
>i want to do, except that i do not really want to have to be in to much
>snow. So, suggestions on EVERYTHING will be very much appriciated (SP)

If you are leaving after July 15th like you stated, snow should not be much of a
problem in any of the sections. If I were thinking of a six week sectional hike
like you are contemplating, then I would seriously consider Lake Tahoe to Mt
Whitney. This stretch contains some of the most spectacular scenery along the
PCT and also has great water supplies and many nice lay-over spots.....

I've done this stretch myself and I always find myself thinking about it each
year about this time, so I'm off to do it again...

I will be leaving from Echo Lake (South Lake Tahoe) this year on July 24th and
traveling Southbound. I wish I could leave earlier so I could meet all of the
Northbound thru-hikers along the way......Damn job keeps getting in the way !!!

I am also planning on being one of the Millenium Thru-hikers next season, so
this will give me an opportunity to try out some new gear and trail recipes.

Randy