[pct-l] Scissors Crossing Water Stash

I just dropped off 8 one-gallon jugs of Vons water at Scissors Crossing. I
also stashed twelve 1.5-liter bottles of Sparkletts water south of Highway 78
near the gate where the PCT crosses Highway S 2. The bottles are about 10
yards south of the gate (6-8 feet west of the PCT) under a small juniper tree.

I tried to place them so they would not be too visible from the road, but
could still be seen by a hiker on the trail. There is also a rock "duck" by
the trail to mark the point. I decided to place the bottles BEFORE Scissors
Crossing so hikers would know about them before they plan the amount of water
they intend to carry away from Scissors Crossing.

For those of you who might be tracking the progress of specific hikers, I
talked with Jason, Lara, Donna, Charlotte, Yip, Jonathon and Nathan about
Noon today. They were taking a break at Barrel Springs (map A13). They will
reach Warner Springs later today.

They think that Batch is in front of them; Pat and Walt Radney are in the SF
Hills behind them.

Charlie Jones