Re: [pct-l] getting to manning park from seattle

Mike - this is certainly no official number, but according to my 1997
Rand McNally Road Atlas, the milage chart shows it is 143miles between
Seattle and Vancouver. I added the milage printed beside the highway on
the map between Vancouver and Manning Park and came up with 114.  So if
I that is accurate, that makes it 257 miles from Seattle to Manning
Park.

I also looked on the map for a more direct route and did not see one.
The Route from Seattle to Vancouver in on I-5, which should be better
than backroads anyway.

I checked Mapquest, http://www.mapquest.com, and they did not have an
entry for Manning Park.  However, they did have one for Hope, British
Columbia, which looks about 40-50 miles away on the map.  Mapquest said
that it was 208 Miles from Seattle to Hope, BC. If you want to look at
the map, here is the URL:
http://mapquest.com/cgi-bin/mqtrip?uid=u8ctz9pem98cp9nj&avoid_lmTD_access=&avoid_toll_roads=&route_type=&link=TripQuest-Main&uid=u8ctz9pem98cp9nj&avoid_ferry=1&OPC=null&CITY_ORIGIN=Seattle&STATE_ORIGIN=WA&DPC=null&CITY_DESTINATION=Hope&STATE_DESTINATION=BC&quest_mode=trip&results_display_mode=overview

Good Luck.  I hope this helps.

peace,
Dude in TX