Re: [pct-l] new to pct-l

    I am new to the pct-l.  I just got on the list after discovering the archives on the web.  I am planning a 2000 thru hike, Mexico to Canada.  I look forward to hearing from other 2000 hikers.

Welcome to the list Tom! Although I haven't been an active member, I've
been on this list since '96 and I must say that this year the quality of the
list has skyrocketed. It seemed like yesterday when the list was somewhat
plagued by people arguing with each other, and that's when messages
were even posted. The enthusiasm and graciousness of the people on
this list is just amazing now. And I'm proud to know that when I make the
hike next year the support from everyone will be tremendous.

Here's to the safe completion of the class of 99!

Regards,
   Jim

--
Jim Serio jim@rollercoaster.com