[pct-l] new to pct-l

Hello,

    I am new to the pct-l.  I just got on the list after discovering the archives on the web.  I am planning a 2000 thru hike, Mexico to Canada.  I look forward to hearing from other 2000 hikers.
    I made an ill-fated attempt at a thru hike in ' 82, but heavy snow, poor preparation, and bad information caused me to only make ~1000 miles.  I made it to Mojave, than headed north to do my home state of WA.  The advantage we have today is easy access to pct info, i.e. the internet.
    I have hiked in the WA cascades since ' 73, including 2 thru hikes of the state, so I may be able to supply info on the WA pct.
    I have some snow info on the southern CA section of the trail.  I was in the area in late March and noticed a very low snow pack in the San Jocintos.  Hiked to Saddle Junction from Idyllwild and saw no snow. Drove through Mt. Laguna, also snow free.  On the way back to WA, I drove up to Kennedy Meadows.  It was also snow free.  I didn't even see snow on the surrounding peaks.
    I have heard that the snow conditions change quite suddenly in or just north of the Sierras. No. CA, OR, and WA have high snow packs. Some places in WA have 250% of normal.  Hopefully, it will have melted by the time ' 99 north bounders get there. Bad year to be south bound.
Does anyone know how to see posts from 1/1/99 to current? I have seen the archives up to 12/31/99 and everything posted since I joined (today), but there is a gap since the first of the year.

To the Class of ' 99, Good Luck
To the Class of 2000, It is not to early to start preparing.