[pct-l] ECONOmy Inn (Map D-1)

Shannon asked me to repeat the information about the ECONOmy INN at I-15 and
Highway 138:

<< ... BTW, the renovated motel is "under new management."

For those who may one day be looking for this motel, it is located on the
Northwest corner of the Highway 138 / I-15 intersection (behind the Union 76
Station).  The motel sign reads "ECONOmy Inn."

Their mailing address is:
	Economy Inn
	8317 U. S. Hwy 138
	Phelan, CA 92371

Telephone:  (760) 249-6777
Manager:  Vinod Somani

The ECONOmy Inn has a pool and a hot tub. Rooms rent for $40 to $65 per night
depending on the number of beds and the number of guests. If you want
specifics about room rates or want to make a reservation, give them a call.

Although Tiffany's Restaurant (across the interstate on Wagon Train Road) is
now CLOSED, there are two fast-food restaurants nearby: Del Taco and
McDonalds.

I spoke with Vinod today and explained about the Pacific Crest Trail and the
needs of through-hikers. He was very receptive to their needs for a warm, dry
room with real beds.

He agreed to accept and hold resupply packages for hikers who plan to rent a
room for the night (or more). He will do so without charge as "a favor to the
hikers."

Mail your package to the address listed above. Mark it as you do for all
resupply packages ("Hold for PCT Hiker <name>, Estimated date of arrival
mm/dd/yy"). If you mail a package and change your plans about stopping there,
please give Vinod a call and discuss disposition of your waiting package.

Please direct any other questions you may have about the ECONOmy Inn to Vinod
Somani at (760) 249-6777.

Enjoy your layover stop,
Charlie >>