Re: [pct-l] Re: Bear Resistant Food Containers - Sierras

yep... that's right .. as for Black bears.. not a problem, around here
any way, I chased one out of my Co's logging camp, I was on watch while
the crew went in to town for some R N R for the Weekend. the Dogs, there
did not pick up on the bear, until it was well in to camp, next to the
table, I was laying nearby on the cot reading a book, and looked over
and noticed that one of the dogs a large black fuzzy ears. So I go over
to it, whoa! what a surprise! It is rather small though, but most likely
a adult, so I was told... It slowly ambles off glancing at me like I
ruined it's day. A few minutes later, I go up the mountain to tell the
Boss, what happened, on the way, I pass a tent camper along side the
logging road, and it was shredded from end to end. I told  a Forest
service ranger, who called the Fish & Wildlife, for Idaho, Who set up a
Bear culvert trap. I got a quick lesson on How to trap bears and bait
the trap. Bacon grease and peaches are great for bears!
Any way... this is true for Black bears.. sorry... I forgot you don't
have those there. But In Wa state, I have heard rumors from the fish and
Game dept., in the Baker wilderness, and the Cascades..
R.J.