[pct-l] Ultralight THIS!

Northbound PCT trips won,t happen this year on the PCT. Paradise parking lot
at 5500 feet on the side of Rainier still has 270 inches of snow on the
gound! White Pass has 103 inches  right by the road. Not even the King of
Corn Pasta could pull off a Northbound trip this year. Back to ice axes in
the Sierra,s, I saw a hiker ( John Mills ) fall 60 ft. off Donohue Pass on my
77 thu-hike. That was the end of his PCT hike.  Doing the Sierra,s without
the ice axe and knowledge of it use is like rafting the Grand Canyon with no
life jacket. ( it can be done, but isn,t the smartest move a person can make
)  This mailing gas issue is totally out of here. I have a Optimus 8r that
have never even tasted coleman fuel and burns as good now as it did 22 years
ago. A hiker who burns low octane unleaded will never have trouble finding
fuel.