Re: [pct-l] leaving soon, mailing white gas, list suggestion

>everyone just "indecently Wealthy"?
>Thanks for any  enlightenment!

Yes. We were all on "Lifestyles of the Rich and not-so-famous Hikers" .
:)

  First, my standard disclaimer: I am an AT alumni, and as with most
former AT thru-hikers, doing the PCT is something I hope to do. That
being said,  on both trails you need some significant time off. How to do
that? Work hard, save money, quit job, go hiking.

Being a single guy in his mid 20's, it is easier. Saved enough money to
go hiking, and enough to cushion me for my return until I found another
job.

If you are married and have children, well that is another ball of wax
-one I cannot answer from experience.  People I know who were married and
had children to do any long distance hiking lived below their means to
save money, had an understanding spouse and children, and had at least
some form of employment definitely waiting for them upon their return.
Was it a sacrifice for them? Sure.  But like everything else in life, it
was a tradeoff.  But not being able to at least attempt to live out a
dream would have been a larger, and too great, of a sacrifice.

YMMV, hike your own hike, just my .02 worth, take the advice for what it
is worth....yadda yadaa yadda  yadda