[pct-l] ultra light vs. being prepared

Hi- I rarely share on this list. I have backpacked in the Sierra's
since the early 70's. I have learned that s%^% happens quickly in the
mountains. My basepack is 25 lbs. I carry a one man tent, a very light
twenty degree sleeping bag etc. And enough clothes to endure a snow
storm. I have been in snow storms in July, July, and August in the
Sierra's.
I have learned a lot from this list and Jardine's book about going
light. But, for me, I am about as light as I care to go and feel good
about my safety.
Tom in Sacramento