[pct-l] ...about time to hit the "Trail"

...as many of you have done the past few weeks, I would like to also
announce my departure from Campo, on April 15, at sunrise. I will be
joining Nathan Martin and about 3 or 4 of his hiking friends. Joining me
will be Jim Glinn,
a RPT and a veteran of many sections of the trail. Nathan, myself and
Jim have signed up for the entire length of the trail, anticipating an
arrival at Manning Park, sometime about the middle to the end of
October, not especially speedy hikers, Jim and I are 55 and 52 yrs. old
respectively. We hope to enjoy every step of the way.
The purpose and motivation for my hike is to raise funds and awareness
for a private, non profit school which provides educational services in
all aspects of life to Autistic children. The name of the school is
Valley Achievement Center and its located here in Bakers field, CA., on
Ming Ave.
I want to express my sincere appreciation to all of you who have
contributed immeasurably to my planning, by providing fascinating,
insightful, educated opinions about every imaginable aspect of hiking,
camping, outdoor activity on the PCT. While I am on this thought, could
someone provide the last bit of information about the trail condition
between Campo and Tehachapi, in light of the most recent winter-like
weather conditions. Has this weather increased the likelihood of finding
more potable water and will the carrying of an ice ax be a necessity.
Those of you who were planning to stash water for those of us, mere
mortals, has the weather impeded your efforts. As always your helpful
replies will be greatly appreciated, even more so if I receive them
before I leave Bakers field for San Diego, tomorrow
4/14/99 at about 12 noon. It is my hope to meet as many of you as
possible at the Saturday gathering. Best wishes and good luck to all of
you who are going to be one with the "Trail" and Mother Nature.
frank, Jim, Nathan and company.