[pct-l] Kamp Anza: "Goforth"

* Message posted to PCT-L from the National Scenic Trails Website
* by our guest Paul R. Miller Jr. <thebear1@gte.net>.
* Please use <mailto:thebear1@gte.net> to reply to the sender.

This is Paul & Pat of Kamp Anza "Hikers Oasis", we are new to this list, thanks to "Goforth" who made a stop here due to bad weather. By the time you reach here most of you will have been on the trail for a little over a week, so if you need to give your blisters a rest, or just want a change, we are here. If you get off the trail at Tule Canyon Truck Trail, head over to Kamp Anza (unfortunately there is no phone near this trail exit) so you have to hike to Kamp Anza, usually somebody comes along and will give you a lift, once you get to the main road. Anyway, hot showers, and maybe a hot meal await you...spend the night. Get up early, pack a day pack, Paul will take you back to where you got off the trail, you hike to the junction of Hwy 74 & Hwy 371,approximately 15 miles, a good days hike, there is a phone there, Paul comes to pick you up.Then in the morning takes you back to Hwy 74 and you are off and hiking..a bit rested and refreshed. This usually sounds good to a lot of hikers. A bit of oasis in the middle of nowhere. We have email access if you wish to use it. Rides to town for anything you may need. Packages can be sent to Kamp Anza instead of the post office, which is 5.9 miles from here. Looking forward to seeing some of you. Last year we had 24 hikers stop by, enjoyed each of them. Got a message from Goforth about 2:00pm, she is in Gorman waiting out her 5th snow storm, hopes to get back on the trail tomorrow, heading for Aqua Dulce. Maybe some of you will meet up with her on the trail. Right now we are getting more rain here in Kamp Anza. Hope to see some of you soon!