[pct-l] Snow on the trail

I come bearing bad news. In tonight's Siskiyou Daily News (Yreka, CA) in
an articled entitled, There's Twice as Much Snow Around, the Klamath
National Forest staff measured snow 233% of the last 14 year average at
Scott Mtn. Summit (Section P).  The "good" news is that's the worse; all
the other measurements in that Forest and Section P are well above
normal but not as high as over 200%.

"Even though the snow pack is well above average, its density is less
than in most years."  All measurements are as of 4-1-99.

Just thought I'd share the troubling news.  As for this PCT hiker who
wants to do all the PCT in Siskiyou Co. this year, I may be waiting till
September.   :(

JoAnn