[pct-l] Heavy Weight War Horse

Thank You Karen for relaying Joan,s trail journal on the list. I love reading
it ! I was disappointed to hear her talk of going to Mojave then  maybe
hiking south because of snow. This is maybe where the heavy weight hiker
shines  in the rougher conditions with  a tad heavier gear. In heavy spring
storms , the ultra light hikers disappear like nats on a wind blown lake
where an old school  hiker just plugs along like an old war horse through
rain , snow or whatever. Each person can hike their own hike, but with proper
gear, the weather doesn,t tell you when and where on the trail.