[pct-l] Mail Angels

* Message posted to PCT-L from the National Scenic Trails Website
* by our guest Ray Tomlinson <coolwahr@aol.com>.
* Please use <mailto:coolwahr@aol.com> to reply to the sender.

Laurel,
I think you've got the greatest idea. I know for
myself I'd really appreciate any mail of encouragement while on the trail. More specifically from the people that read and contribute to this list. During Desert Storm I realized that a letter from home or a friend could turn even the worst day around for the best. Even letters from strangers. Good luck to you on that.
.
The truck is sold.
Quit my job.
Nothing to do now but hang up my snowboard and put on my backpack.( I was playing in 3' of new snow on Wednesday. Isn't it spring?haha)
Thanks to all of you on this list. After a year of planning I can't believe I'll be on the trail in a couple of weeks. And I feel confident and safe do to a lot of what I learned from all of you. See you out there.

coolwahr@aol.com
Ray Tomlinson
PCT Class of 99