Re: [pct-l] Trail Conditions

read,

thanks for the update on the trail conditions.

i now know of three hams who plan to have handie-talkies (ham lingo for
"walkie-talkies" or "hand-held-radio") on their through-hikes: me, you,
and allen downs.

i have information that answers most of your questions about using a radio
on the pct in my web page:

	www.bedichek.org/robert/pct/ham.html

other sources of information that you may check out:

	The ARRL Repeater Directory, published by www.arrl.org

	Repeater Mapbook, published by www.artscipub.com

i have an extra copy of the repeater mapbook, if you'd like, you can buy
it from me ($12) if you're anywhere near palo alto.   i'll be at the lake
morena party on the evening of aprili 17th.

	rob