[pct-l] Trail Conditions

I have now completed Sections A, B, C, and D as far as Angles Crest Highway east of Inspiration Point. Nights were defiantly cold with water bottles frozen but I had no problems with snow other than about a mile of post holing on the north face of the Blue Ridge at about 8,000 feet near the Mountain High Ski Area. I believe that this could have been avoided by taking the parallel jeep road on the south slope. Running shoes and trekking poles worked well.

I will be crossing the dessert in the next few weeks before there are many on the trail. I just received a license for a small 5 watt Ham radio for emergency contact. Does anyone have experience in using one on the trail? How can I get the frequencies for the repeaters?