[pct-l] Goforth trying for the Mojave

Goforth here, I am still with Pat and Paul today in Anza
Yesterday, I walk 9 miles North, got into a snow storm at Lion Peak (It
is an exposed ridge with few exits, which gets higher and it already was
snowy). So I decided to back down, I think that I probably could have
made it to Idyllwild, but the margin of safety on that ridge in
deteriorating weather was limited. (I climbed Lion Peak, ( there was a
Sierra Club register on it so it must be one of the "desert Peaks")

a friend is going to pick me up and I think that I will go to Mojave or
Walker Pass and hike south.  It is warmer today in anza, but windy and
with low scudding clouds; all the  surrounding ridges ae socked in.  The
Weather is supposed to be worse tomorrow and there seems tobe another
system coming in on tuesday.  Might as well use the coolness for the
Mojave desert