Re: [pct-l] crisis

In a message dated 4/3/99 10:51:57 AM US Eastern Standard Time,
dkarbach@mum.edu writes:

<< Dear Fellow Hikers,  it is critical that we take our noses out of gear
 catalogs and take our eyes off the trail to put some of our attention on
 the Kosovo crisis.  It is so easy to be unaware of what goes on in the
 world and the role that the US plays in international affairs.  >>

Let's not confuse this forum with anything other than what it is, hiking on
the PCT.  I have a hike coming up in three weeks and I don't have the time or
energy to devote to any other cause.  That may sound selfish, but that's the
way it is.

 <<Please don't underestimate this.  It is so important.  For other ways to
help go to  the following website http://www.mum.edu  Thank you, and please
pass this message on. >>

However, I did take the time to check out your website and it appears to me
that your call for consciousness may be a thinly disguised attempt to gain
favor for the Maharishi.  It showed nothing concerning the crisis.  Come on
now, even the Beatles quit on that "Yogi"

Sly