Re: [pct-l] Resupply updates

In a message dated 3/30/99 8:39:45 AM Pacific Standard Time,
brandt@snf.Stanford.EDU writes:

<< Oh sure, they weren't the nicest folks around but the store sold ice
 cream!  >>

In defense of the Echo Lake Store, I do understand what everyone says, but one
time when I was there, I bought a soda. I think she asked for 75 cents at the
register. Looking at my change (73 cents), I jokingly asked, "Would you take
73 cents?" (I had more money, but didn't want to get stuck with more change
for a 10-day hike.)

She said, "Sure."

The young lady probably didn't work there. <grin> She was too nice.

Charlie