[pct-l] Hanta Virus Infor

To Rob, I  relayed how many cases were in 1994 in Lewis  County through this
year ( 19 cases ) not how many deaths in that period. I assume you chances of
living are the same no matter where you get this virus. My point is it,s a
bigger risk to the PCT hiker than lyme disease. ( which can be a treated )
Sorry if you got confused. You are correct that it gets inhaled ( like
sweeping a shelter ) To Margo, I used a light pair of tiger marathoners (
running shoes )  to cross creeks in 77 but would  go for  some rafting sandels
now days. To Laura, package your food supplies seperate from your partner to
keep flexable. You or your partner may split and if your parter leaves the
trail, your trip may be over as well. Try to think solo, then hike together so
neither of you will be bummed if one leaves. To Brick, I,ll race you for 15
bucks.   P.S. 22 more inches of snow on Stevens pass last night ( avalanche
city brother! )