Re: [pct-l] stream crossing footwear

Margo, I likewise found a cheap pair of drugstore 'Teva-like' sandals for
streamcrossings.  They are very lightweight and I can hook them onto a
carabeiner on the outside of my pack to drip-dry when I resume hiking with
my boots!
I got neoprene, tread-pattern watershoes too but I haven't tried them yet.
I think the sandals would make a better camp-shoe though, and that they'd
be more suitable for protecting the feet against sharp rocks in the COLD
Sierras creeks.  Best of all, the sandals feel just a tad lighter than the
sox.
I have noticed that the name-brand Tevas, which are of good quality and
last a long time, are much heavier than my $3 drugstore cheapies.....