Re: [pct-l] Bears / Cantainers / Sierras

Hi Margaret,

Two things. Not much experience in bear country but I'm having a bear
proof container sent to me at the beginning of bear country. I'll
decided there where I have more info whether i'll use it or not. As I
said, this is not based on experience but it seems from others' input
that although stealth camping seems to be the best way to go, there
really is no way to guarantee against losing your food without a
container. I know that some of the big campgrounds have them but I don't
want to be stuck with staying in the big campgrounds. So I decided to
give myself the option and decide later.

Secondly, check out the PCT 1999 roster at
http://www.tothesummit.com/PCTRoster.html and let me know if you'd like
to be added. It's a great resource for people who'll be on the trail
either thruhiking or section hiking.

enjoy the day.
Namaste, m

--
Margo Chisholm
The Freedom Coach

"Challenge your most cherished assumptions."
-- Unknown