[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[pct-l] Bears / Cantainers / Sierras
- Subject: [pct-l] Bears / Cantainers / Sierras
- From: "Margaret Brownell" <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 26 Mar 1999 10:03:13 -0800
What is this year's concenses regarding Bear Proof Food Containers and
carrying them in the Sierras?
- Should one carry the heavy thing and store the food in it at night?
- Should one sleep with the food (dumb?)?
- Cook and eat dinner prior to camp?
- Not worry about this?
I can't tell from reading any of the journals from the past few years if
anyone actually uses BPFCs. There doesn't seem to be any mention of bear
If this is a repeat question, I'm sorry. I've just started on this list a
week or so ago. mb
* From the Pacific Crest Trail Email List | http://www.backcountry.net *