[pct-l] Bears / Cantainers / Sierras

What is this year's concenses regarding Bear Proof Food Containers and
carrying them in the Sierras?
    - Should one carry the heavy thing and store the food in it at night?
    - Should one sleep with the food (dumb?)?
    - Cook and eat dinner prior to camp?
    - Not worry about this?
I can't tell from reading any of the journals from the past few years if
anyone actually uses BPFCs.  There doesn't seem to be any mention of bear
problems.

If this is a repeat question, I'm sorry.  I've just started on this list a
week or so ago.  mb