Re: [pct-l] More thoughts from a 99 hopeful

Andrew Yip wrote:

> >I have received my "Application for Entry to Canada Via the Pacific Crest
> >Trail" from:
> >    Citizenship & Immigration Canada
> >    2 Sumas Way
> >    Abbotsford, B.C.
> >    V2S 7L9  Canada
>
> I haven't heard anything about this document before...I was under the
> impression that the permit from the PCTA covered everything?
>
> -Yip

  This form is required and is not covered by the US Dept. of Agriculture
"Visitor's Permit" from the PCTA.  The application says "Each person entering
(Canada) via the Pacific Crest Trail must complete his/her own application."
If you are under 18 and not arriving with a parent, you also need notarized
parental consent.

    The form requests that you not complete it until two months or less before
departure.

    Allen