[pct-l] Thru Hiker encounters

Brick Robbins wrote:
>I was out on the PCT today for the Smuggler's 50Miler, and
>ran into two thru-hikers.

   Hey Brick, it's nice for you to put in a plug for your
 old marathon buddy goforth. Did you have to make Tim Meyers
look like such a loser for comparison? Seems like there
 would be kinder ways to get us to send him our best than to
tell us about his mistakes and crappy emotional state. I know
I'd be embarassed to have somebody blab that stuff about me.
   I noticed you managed to slip in digs about your old nemesis
Jardine and weekend hikers again too.
   Since people like Tim are on the trail and can't defend
themselves right now maybe we should just root for the entire
bunch publicly and leave the gossip and criticism for private.

           Mac