[pct-l] Commo

Margo,

You're mesages are always concise, elegant, and toughtful.  I hope
you'll find ways to stay in touch with the list throughout your hike.
Early on, you talked about the outrageous idea of staying in touch with
your clients while on the trail, perhaps by cell phone.  Have you found
a viable way to do that?

Have you, or has anyone on the list, considered putting a Sharp TelMail
device in a drift box, whereby you unpack it, type in an email report,
transmit it by PocketMail at any phone, and send it in the drift box to
the next stop?  See www.pocketmail.com.  The device weighs about 9 oz.
This possibility particularly interests me because i have restricted
motor skills--i.e. I can hunt n peck but can't write.

Peter