Re: [pct-l] Outage (admin)

Ryan K. Brooks wrote:

> Hi All,
>
>     As you all surely noticed, the lists and backcountry.net were down
> over the last 48hrs+.   The T1 circuit that comes to my home to serve
> these computers failed (underwater apparently) and Ameritech is still
> unable to repair it.    I've relocated the machines back to my workplace
> and moved the network there.   Queued mail should be processed over the
> next 30 minutes.
>
> Sorry for the outage,
>
> Ryan Brooks
> ryan@inc.net

I didn't realize that the PCT list was maintained out of someone's home.  I'm
afraid I'm generally ignorant of what goes on "under the covers" to make this
list happen.  But I certainly do appreciate this list as a wonderful resource
for information about the trail.

Perhaps you could post a short explaination of the nuts and bolts of how the
list functions?

Thank you, Ryan, for your efforts to keep the list going.

    Allen Downs