[pct-l] NETIQUITTE!

After being off the net for several days, it was VERY HARD to come back to
all the flaming and crude language!!!  We agree with the following ... and
thought that we would retire also if the tone doesn't change.

>:Please, I hope the flame wars are not resurfacing again.  I was beginning
>to enjoy the PCT-L postings again.  Listen folks, I really enjoy reading
>all the great advise you all have to offer.  But if the flame wars keep up,
>I think I'll just retire from this list. Can we just flame in private?

The following excerpt from Blister is also our opinion!

>"... (WE) still appreciate the opinions of any and all veteran trail
walkers who duely acknowledge that there is an important and growing
audience of '99 hopefuls out here, listening intently."

I don't care if this is a game or really serious --- please don't waste our
time trying to get through some of these posts, this DOESN'T INTEREST US!
Bad language and hurtful remarks are still that -- bad language and hurtful
remarks, weither they are in jest or meant to be -- GO OFF LINE!!

It also looks degrading to the website and all those people who do have
something  to discuss REGARDING THE PCT are getting very disgusted.  A new
person wanting to discuss PCT issues would be turned off and never want to
return again.   also!  We will definitely be LURKING for awhile to see if a
few people will either clean up their act or get off the list and go
somewhere else!  Tired of this!

I can't understand why politics, unless they are PCT related, have anything
to do with hiking the PCT.  It was bad enough hearing all the trash for over
a year on the TV, radio and papers -- leave it alone.  Hiking related humor
is appreciated!!

Dissapointed -- Pat & Walt