[pct-l] Unleaded ( go for low octane)

To Sly and Brick. Both Optimus and MSR say to use the lowest Octane you can
find for white gas stoves. ( mostly has to do with the higher amount of
additives). To Brick, I own and use a old 1973 MSR model 9 with an instruction
book that looks homemade. ( A great stove still for melting snow on climbs)
It,s just my climbing stove. About kerosene, gas and such, your old high
school Chem class says, methane gives off 1 carbon when burned, butane gives 2
off , propane 3 , and octane gives off 8 carbon molicules when burned. Thank
you for the good infor in past  post. My neighbor has a propane converted
Datsun truck that burns and runs very clean, but is also ,now, quite gutless.
The propane does not seem do give the same horsepower as when it was gas.
Thank You Chris Bailey for such a nice compliment on this post. You are quite
a gentleman. Have a good hike to this years thu-hikers. Monte