Re: [pct-l] Time to kick the Dead Horse once again

In a pinch, I've used auto fuel in my Whisperlite Internationale.  I used high
test, although it didn't burn as clean as colemans fuel (white gas?).  In the
olden days, when I had my Optimus (the one in the blue metal box, is that
right?)  I used Amoco high test which was unleaded even back then and it
seemed to work fine.  At that point in time we called it white gas.

To the point, I've been told or read somewhere that it's actually better to
burn low octane gas, is this true?  Would it burn cleaner, hotter or what?

It seems like I have some misconceptions on liquid here.

Thanks, Sly