[pct-l] PCT mileages in the guide

Does anybody have any idea how accurate the mileages are in the Vol  I (
California) of the PCT Trail guide.  I an figuring out all these schedules,
and have some idea on my speed  from my training walks, but I suddenly
realized that the mileages could easily be just estimates. So I am
wondering what kind of fudge factor I need in my schedules (Theoretical at
best)

I talked to a friend that is section hiking the trail and He said that the
mileages are underestimated(the mileages are probably higher) due to the
methodology used to get them.

Goforth