RE: [pct-l] new to backpacking!

As several people already have commented the Terraplane might be overkill.
Haven't tried one myself, but I've got a Bomb Pack. Met at least 2 PCT
thru-hikers last summer using Bomb Packs. Although I didn't use mine I had a
pack in the same size range (but lighter).

Depending on your hiking style fitting all your stuff into a Bomb Pack might
be difficult. Finding something in between might be a good idea.

Svein