[pct-l] Jardine

Jardine doesn't talk about his background a whole lot in his PCT books. He
was an amazing rock climber and pioneered some really difficult climbing
in Yosemite and other places. He does mention his "Friends" rock-climbing
camming device which revolutionized some forms of rock climbing. He has a
vast amount of experience and has pushed his limits well beyond what us
mere mortals have done.

So he knows what he can get away with -- how far he can extend his body
and his mind. He is exceptionally clever. He is very analytical. He is
focussed. He is driven. He is energetic.

Not all of us have these traits and so we can't all expect to take similar
risks. Some of us can, others cannot. I gotta admire those who can, and I
gotta admire others who choose a more conservative route.

Celebrate diversity, take a few risks, and if you prefer, enjoy "armchair"
risktaking!