Re: [pct-l] Tuna Can Alcohol Stove Design

In a message dated 3/1/99 10:30:30 PM EST, JMayer@crt.xerox.com writes:

<< You can save about 1/2 ounce by using the cut off bottom of
 a soda can for the fuel reservoir. >>

Sounds good -- an an adaptation of the "coke can" stove, I guess.  I'm now
working on a large economy size tuna can stove to see if "size matters".
It'll probably weight half again as much as the original, and may or may not
cook faster.  You may have given me a valid reason to invest in a Fosters
Lager for the burner!!

What I'm really trying to do is build a stove that will heat up to a half
gallon of water in reasonable time.  The success of the original stove on our
recent snowcamping trip really surprised me.  "Adequate" performance was
really more than I expected under those conditions. -- Roy