Re: [pct-l] Introduction

In a message dated 3/4/99 2:17:03 PM EST, airbrne27@jps.net writes:

<< Think tubes!! You know the kind that you stuff butter in.  I used these
 on my last trip and they worked great.  Kind of time consuming to fill,
 but great to just squeeze some of the ole jiffy out when taking a break. >>

The refillable tubes didn't work well for me.  PB was too hard when cold.  We
found some of the "unnatural" PB's (like Jiff?) came in plastic jars which
were pretty lightweight.  I like the natural stuff (unhydrogenated) better but
it tended to leak in the pack.

Mixing PB with honey, with or without liquid margarine, actually makes it less
sticky and it's a powerful trail snack.  Still, you need something with a
screw-top to carry it in.