[pct-l] RE: Ultralight is an attitude vs Jardinite

To me going ultralight is buying the best, lighest gear one can afford and
leaving home everything one can do without. In this definition, ultralight is
definitely an attitude and a style.

To me a Jardinite sacrafices comfort and risks injury to hike more miles a day
to get to a destination. This is also an attitude but it's different from the
above attitude. That Jardine uses a very light pack [and shoes] to be able to
walk more miles simply confuses the issue.