[pct-l] Re: PCT Pack List

Robert wrote:

>question: if you were in my situation, what else would you bring for your
>feet?

After hearing the accolades on duct tape, I think I'd give it a try.

I have always gone over prepared and therefore heavy.  My pack without
water and food weighed about 35 to 40 pounds in 1977.  I now think that I
would try to shave about ten to fifteen pounds off of this if I were to
hike THE HIKE again.  I can see how lighter weight will really payoff on
your feet.  Ray J. has some very good suggestions that I will incorporate
into my short hikes this year and maybe someday the PCT again!

Greg "Strider" Hummel