Re: [pct-l] Paranoia

In a message dated 2/27/99 9:22:37 AM EST, radney@ix.netcom.com writes:

<< Paranoia, ain't it great.  It keeps us all so deliciously entertained
during
 the long winter months.  Each year around this time it seems like the
 discussion revolves around, bear canisters, no water, stream/river crossings,
 snow, bugs, snakes, boots/sandals, blisters, jumping chollas, aliens/coyotes
 ... oh well, you got the message!  Guess we are almost ready, it seems like
we
 have covered just about everything.  LOL - Happy Trails Couple  >>

Well said, Walt 'n Pat!  This is the time of year when we are finally sure
we're going to do it, but not QUITE sure how.  We sleep with anticipation and
suddenly sit straight up in bed in the wee hours, wondering how we are going
to deal with _____!!  (Fill in the blank.)  It's normal, healthy, and useful.
How often do we solve our problems and decide our path by such an exercise?

Regarding the thread about water stashes and other "trail trash":   An extra
pint of water found in the middle of a hot, dry stretch is welcome.  Just a
little comfort, not to be relied upon, but welcome when found.  Those TA's who
leave these caches are sincerely thanked.  They are conscientious about
picking up the empties or labelling them so the user will know to pack them
out.  By far the largest part of the trail trash I've seen in the southern
sections of the PCT is left by illegals.