Re: [pct-l] FWD: 50 Mile race on the pct

At 10:22 AM 2/27/99 -0800, Stephen Stoddard <stoddars@ucs.orst.edu> wrote:

>Is this TRAIL RACE PCTA sponsored?

No.
Did you see "PCTA" listed anywhere in that message?

>Are races on the PCT something that the club endorses?

Not that I know of. I've never asked them.

>How many people attend this type of event and what are the
>resulting effects on the trail itself?

Dunno how many folks will sign up for this one. Probably less than 100. As
far as the effects on the trail go, they are less than the same number of
hikers walking over the trail, since the runners will be wearing running
shoes (not boots), will not be carrying packs, and won't camp along the trail.

It looks to me like you are seeking a reason to attack the PCTA, since you
have somehow managed to inject them into this event, which has NOTHING to
do with them.

Go look somewhere else for a fight. The PCTA is a good outfit and deserves
your support, not your attacks. I know of no other organization that does
more for the PCT than the do. Even if you don't agree with them 100% (I
know I don't), you should still support them.

Hike your own hike.
-Brick Robbins