Re: [pct-l] River crossings

At 03:55 PM 2/24/99 -0800, reynolds@ilan.com wrote:
>1-Lyell Creek. The last crossing has no bridge

I'm looking at California Guidebook maps H22 and H23, and I remember that
(northbound) the first crossing of Lyell creek is way up high and has no
bridge, but doesn't ever need one. Then after you drop down onto the shelf
where upper basecamp is, there are two bridges, then when you get down to
the valley floor, you stay on the west side, till you get near Toulumne
Meadows, then if you stay "pure" and go to Toulomne Meadows High Sierra
Camp you cross over another foot bridge. If you go straight to the store,
you keep to the same side of the river till you get to the road.

>2-Crossing with 1 person requires a long rope. A rope across a river is
>dangerous. That is how people get killed.

Sounds too dangerous to me.