Re: [pct-l] hotels, motels, resorts, etc. on PCT

I hiked the PCT during a break from college so money was a serious concern.
We had planned on an occasional "self reward" with a motel stay, but it turned
out we didn't enjoy that luxury a single day.  The reason was our unexpected
ravenous appetites...if couldn't eat it we wouldn't spend money on it.
Twenty-five hotdogs between three PCTers in a single sitting is one example.
We each ate eight and then drew straws for the last one.  New batteries for
the flashlight or three packages of Hostess Cupcakes...no contest.

Jerry