Re: [pct-l] Poison Oak photos

In a message dated 2/19/99 8:34:26 AM Pacific Standard Time, reynolds@ilan.com
writes:

<< I can tell you that half the plants in the San Gabriels look like these
pictures. In May they will be in full bloom and drape over the trail >>

Tom is right, of course.

I day hiked from Messenger Flats to Soledad Canyon Road with a friend last
October. Luckily for us, the poison oak was showing it's fall color (red)
which caught our attention. Be especially alert when hiking through the San
Gabriels.

Remember, too, that poison oak IS found in other places along the trail. My
advice is to "avoid contact with any plant whose identity is unknown to you."

Charlie