Re: [pct-l] Danner Lights

In this boot discussion we are mixing apples, pears and oranges.

Danner Lights are not Danner Mountain Lights. They are different boots. The
Mountain Lights are lightweight leather boots.

I can buy gunboat backpacking boots for $50. They will last forever and
take 1/2 their usefull life to break in [1/2 of forever = ?]

 Danner Lights are just that -- lightweight leather and nylon backpacking
boots. They are NOT as heavy as leather gunboats and they won't last as
long-- and neither are they as heavy. And, as is well known, Gortex doesn't
last forever. Still, you can probably get 2700 miles in one pair of boots
that do adecent job of protecting your feet. That, compared with 4 pair of
runnung shoes, is probably cheaper and more comfortable