RE: [pct-l] Netiquette

Since we're on the subject. Listed below are a few sites that discuss
netiquette. Anyone - if they choose - can ignore them. They are
certainly unenforceable by law. However, they generally provide a good
outline on how to maintain a civil discourse.

After all if we can't be civil in cyber world, what chance to we have in
the real one.

In general in cyber land private mail should remain private. Outing
people that disrespect us my be fine for the Jerry Springer show, but is
has little business on mailing list. If you don't like, well the delete
button works fine.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -  - - - - - - - - - - - - - -  - - - -
- -

Online Netiquette Resources: (read them at your own risk)

Official internet RFC 1855 Guidelines -
http://www.dtcc.edu/cs/rfc1855.html
<http://www.dtcc.edu/cs/rfc1855.html>

*	If you should find yourself in a disagreement with one person,
make your responses to each other via mail rather than continue to send
messages to the list or the group. If you are debating a point on which
the group might have some interest, you may summarize for them later.
*	Don't get involved in flame wars. Neither post nor respond to
incendiary material.

Netiquette Yes, it means what you think it means: tips on polite usage
of the Internet. As more and more people start using the Internet,
http://www.pbs.org/uti/guide/netiquette.html

http://www.phish.net/discussion/netiquette.html
<http://www.phish.net/discussion/netiquette.html>

Netiquette Home Page <http://www.albion.com/netiquette/>  - the do's and
don'ts of online communication.

Internet Abuse FAQ's - http://members.aol.com/macabrus/faqs.html
<http://members.aol.com/macabrus/faqs.html>
The Net: User Guidelines and Netiquette -
http://www.fau.edu/netiquette/net/index.html