Re: [pct-l] Slugs and stuff

--On Sunday, February 14, 1999, 9:41 PM -0800 Bel&Karen <rookie@olypen.com>
wrote:
> 	Troubleshoot: Just swapped my Sweetwater filter for a  new PUR Scout...
> pumped my first gallon from the creek on my property without a problem,
but
> the next time I went to pump I had a hard time getting any `flow' - I
don't want to have to
> do this where the water has a high contaminate concentration!  Any
> suggestions?  Has anyone else had this problem?  Is this just a `new pump'
> thing, or have I been jipped?

Bel&Karen,

I've used a PUR for a few years now.  Occasionally I run into the same
problem with flow.  Try "priming" the PUR like this:

Remove the outlet hose (the one that goes into your water container),
unscrew the top so that the filter element is exposed.  Take a little water
in your hand (a palmful will do, about a tablespoon's worth) and pour it
into the bottom of your PUR.  Put everything back together, be sure the top
is screwed back on tight, put the outlet hose back on, and pump.  You should
get flow.

Craig Smith