[pct-l] Re: pct-l-digest V1 #683

> Hello again list! This message center was a big influence in my decision to go
> for a through hike in 1999. I will be posting messages from the trail to
> n2backpacking.com; they have graciously donated space for the journal entries
> and a little money for the journey as well.

Last year, I hiked 1700 miles of the trail; it was amazing and I compiled several
notebooks into a web page. This year, I will be carrying a palm pilot to record
my entries directly. My goal is to talk to as many through hikers and "trail
angels" as possible and record their stories as well. There is a dearth of
literature on the trail and I am writing a book that captures some of the emotion
and power behind this modern pilgrimage.

No more big mileage days for me; I'll be leaving Campo around the May 1st mark
like everyone else and plan to reach Canada by fall.

    Finally, I'm interested in the discussion of trail boredom; I had songs stuck
in my head for days and days. Like many others, I got way to into doing too many
miles every day and ended up overdoing it (thirty mile days for three weeks
straight). This year is all about fun, weather willing.

will